Study Midwifery in Turkey
Are you planning to Study Midwifery in Turkey? Here you can browse and compare degrees from universities in Turkey and apply to universities in Turkey offering Midwifery.
At first, it is good to know what advantages of studying Midwifery in Turkey has and what you have to bring to study Midwifery in Turkey.
Midwifes monitor pregnancy, follow-up, control birth status, help the doctor with the time of birth, monitor the health of the mother and baby who manage the birthday, cooperate with other healthcare personnel in the donor, preventive services that the doctor does not exist.
In fact, even though we touched on small things in midwifery promotion, midwives have many duties, if we list them;
- Takes part in sexual and reproductive health services.
- Prepares and manages preparatory education for the mother, fatherhood and childbirth programs in the pre-pregnancy period.
- After pregnancy, it makes the impression of normal pregnant, follows, takes necessary measures and dispatches.
- Prepares for childbirth at the beginning of childbirth, constantly monitors mother and baby health
- After the baby is born, a carries out the newborn care and examination.
- Medical basics
- Relationship formation by the midwife
- Evidence-based clinical decision making in midwifery
- Scientific methodological competence
- Business basics
- Management skills
- Specialist educational, social science, midwifery and health skills
- Family work
- Critical reflection on ethical issues
With this and other content, which varies depending on the university, you will be prepared for the complex and, at the same time, dynamically changing requirements in the professional life of a midwife.
After studying Midwifery in Turkey, you have lots of possibilities – in the working environment and also postgraduate studies. Here are some of the opportunities that you will have.
Graduates from Midwifery in Turkey are able to work at:
- In maternity hospitals,
- In hospitals,
- In delivery rooms,
- In Family Health Centers,
- In Community Health Centers,
- In Gynecology Centers,
- In newborn services,
- Infertility services,
- In family planning centers
In addition, graduates can provide professional birth coaching and trainings.
Requirements to Study Midwifery in Turkey
According to the terms and explanations of higher education programs, males cannot choose midwifery department. Apart from that, having a high school diploma average over 50% will be enough to study Midwifery in Turkey.
So, What are the Necessary Features for this Department?
There are certain characteristics that you have to bring with you to be a midwife.
- Related to biology and successful in this field,
- Can make quick and correct decisions,
- Clean, careful and meticulous,
- Compassionate, loving,
- Cold-blooded, durable
Here you can also take a look at Istanbul Kent University’s Midwifery Department
Best Universities to study Midwifery in Turkey in English
Since the midwifery is a course which is related to health and hospitals, it is safe to say that choosing a university in Turkey with it’s own hospitals can be an advantage. Since Universities in Turkey have its own hospitals – We are listing you universities where international students can study Midwifery in Turkey.
For applications to universities from the list above and register with discounted fees, please fill out the application form below!